HOW TO REGISTER AS A PARISHIONER
There are 2 ways:
- Stop in the Parish Office, across the courtyard from the church, during office hours to complete registration forms.
- Register online. Go to www.stacc.net/parish/parish-registration.
Why is it so important that we register in a parish? Isn’t it good enough that we go to Mass? Why should we bother to use the envelopes?
Registration is the official way we join a parish community. Many people think that because they attend a particular parish they automatically belong. Young adults who have moved away for years, think they are still signed up under their parent’s registration. Parish registration requires signing up, formally enrolling yourself in your parish.
Registration is a commitment to a community, a way to be included in the religious, social and ministerial activities of your parish. Your registration affects the parish in many ways. Census numbers can determine how many priests are assigned to a church, what benefits and obligations the community has to the diocese, and how Masses, confessions and devotions are planned and scheduled. Registration shows you belong. It is also necessary for certain benefits:
- Baptism, Religious Education programs
- Active parishioner verification for Catholic elementary and high schools
- Baptismal godparent letters
- Sponsor letters for the Sacrament of Confirmation
Registering in your parish is a statement of faith and confidence in the life and work of your parish.
Have your recently gotten married at Saint Thomas Aquinas? Don’t forget to register as a family! You are not automatically registered upon receiving any sacrament.